Elliot Roe is a leading expert in Mindset Optimization for High Performers and is the world’s #1 Mindset Coach for poker players. In just the last 3 years his poker clients have won over $50,000,000 and nearly every major tournament title, including the World Series of Poker Main Event. His clientele also includes Olympic medalists, UFC Champions, Hollywood Actors, Business executives and wall street traders. His unique mindset coaching system leverages the power of hypnotherapy to eliminate fears and breakthrough mental roadblocks allowing you to operate in a state of peak performance every day.
The best way to improve your poker mindset is to learn from the experts! Enjoy the top 20 poker mindset quotes from Elliot Roe:
1. All the talent and skill in the world is useless if you can’t execute when it’s time to perform.
2. Always drill the fundamentals. No matter how much you think you know, there’s always something to be gained from enhancing your execution of the basics.
3. The consistency of your poker performance is only as random as you allow it to be. There are systems & routines that will take you from accidental & unpredictable to consistently bringing your A-Game.
4. In MTTs it’s like you’re in a raffle and your skill gives you more tickets than the field. It doesn’t mean you’ll win every time, but over the year you’re going to win more of those prizes.
5. The first step in improving your focus is having a growth mindset, and believing that it’s a skill that to be trained. Think of focus as a muscle, a muscle that most of the poker world rarely trains.
6. As players get back in control of their game and they feel more motivated and focused, they can enjoy poker again.
7. Given the tightening edges and advanced training and tools available these days, chances are your next major breakthrough will not be a strategic one, it will be a mental one.
8. If you come with the mindset that you are the exception and you can be successful without doing the work, then you’re going to consistently fall short.
9. Rather than saying patience is a virtue, I prefer to say: patience is a skill. It’s the skill of understanding what you can, and you can’t control.
10. It is one of the themes that I see with the best players that I’ve worked with. It just happens time and time again when I ask them “What’s the thing that allowed you to reach the top in the world?” Nearly all of them say their network.”
11. Knowing the right time to stand up, is often the difference between a winning and a losing player, when it comes to cash games.
12. If you’re struggling with a downswing, make the assumption, that it is your fault. If it’s purely variance, there’s nothing you can do, but it’s much healthier to make the assumption, you’re doing something wrong, therefore you need to really look through your game, deeper than ever before, to make sure you’re finding that something wrong.
13. The good news is, almost every player has some level of mental game leaks. If you can plug yours and other people don’t fill theirs, you automatically get that edge over your opposition.
14. Being angry doesn’t change the math.
15. The casino does not care if the gambler wins or loses on any single day. They look at their quarterly and yearly results, knowing they are winning over time because they have an edge in the games. What happens in an individual spin of the roulette wheel has no impact on their business. Treat your poker game as if you are the casino.
16. If you are playing a game for a living, it’s a good idea to be grateful about the fact that you get to play a game for a living.
17. The downswings are much more painful if poker is all you have in your life. You need life balance, so when you do have a dark day in poker, it doesn’t absolutely wreck you.
18. If you know what to do and you’re not doing it, it’s a mental game issue. If you don’t know what to do, it’s a technical issue.
19. If you don’t believe you’re making mistakes, you’re not a good player. The best in the world understand they make plenty of mistakes each session, and work hard off the table to understand and address them.
20. It’s easy to blame others, bad luck, or your circumstances but we don’t want easy, we want results.
Elliot knows that a strong poker mindset has been the “secret weapon” of the high stakes elite for years now, and he created the A-Game Masterclass course in partnership with Run It Once to bring that edge to any player willing to invest in themselves.
Over the course of six modules you’ll discover the principles, strategies, and tactics that the best in the world are using to become the best version of themselves, and gain a huge edge over the field. You’ll receive the tools you need to break through the barriers that are holding you back and develop the skills you need to achieve your biggest poker goals. This means:
Elite Focus: Ruthlessly eliminate distractions so you can bring laser-like focus to each session you play. You’ll also discover how to strategically use “anti-focus” to extend the length of time you’re able to focus to well beyond that of your opponents.
Consistency & Confidence: When you have a clear vision and a system for high-performance you’ll start each session with the confidence you’ll be at your best, rather than the feeling of frustration that comes with leaving your performance up to chance.
Control Your Thoughts & Emotions: You know that tiny voice telling you you’re not good enough? Shut it up once-and-for-all, and replace it with positive thoughts and the ability to be in complete control of your emotions.
Massive Momentum & Motivation: Wake up each morning ready to win the day and fall asleep each night with a smile on your face, knowing you’ve made progress on your biggest poker goals.
Unshakable Mental Toughness: Shrug off bad beats with little-to-no reaction. Handle the worst the game can throw at you with a calm determination that will leave your opponents in awe.